Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Best Healthy Fruit Salad Period




It's been way to long since my last post but I wanted my comeback to be different than an upset of what's been going on. Or just a sequence of photos. So here it is, a recipe...

Earth shaking. I know.

This entire recipe is less than 150 calories, loaded with vitamin C and potassium if you make it similar to how I have in this version. Mind you, it's fresh fruit so I have made it slightly different every time.

The thing I like about this dressing is the lovely gloss it adds to the fruit. Makes for a very pleasant presentation.

Ingredients:

Dressing:
1/4 cup Honey
1/4 cup lime juice (or the juice of two large limes)
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
Lime zest from one lime (I eyeball this one)

Fresh (mostly) fruit:
1 quart container of strawberries
1 cup grapes halved (red or green or both)
1 cup blueberries
1 can (11 oz.) Mandarin oranges
2 kiwis
1 cup papaya

Mix your dressing with a whisk. Pour over your diced fruit. Gently toss your salad.

Done!

I have topped my salad with the kiwi slices in the past but mixed them in this time.

Alternatively, I have added pecans, raspberries, cantaloupe, and/or red grapes. You could add all kinds of your favorites but I possibly would avoid apples or pears. Not that I don't love these fruits, but they just don't seem right for this recipe to me. 

Feel free to try whatever combinations you like. I aim for color variations.

As a side note, I usually have whip cream available for my husband to add to his own bowl but honestly, even with my sweet tooth I think the honey is enough.

I would love to hear about your variations so leave me a comment or send me a message.

Thanks for reading!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis