Thursday, October 21, 2010

A Letter to Microsoft

Estimated reading time for this post: 1 minute 3 seconds. Read it Later?


Dear Microsoft®,

I just saw your latest commercial for your search engine Bing™. Your tag line was “the decision engine” which I find particularly fitting since you have been making decisions for millions of us every day. Not even giving us a choice. Sometime I don’t even know you have made a decision FOR ME until it’s too late. Like when I need to update my software, or what programs are considered malicious and what needs to be blocked “automatically.” I like making my own decisions thank you.

Now you’ve gone and done it again, Microsoft. Politely telling me I am not smart enough to make my own decisions without your guidance or worse, your total control. Actually, it doesn’t feel polite at all. It feels manipulative and I don’t like it. Microsoft, you have become “the man” or rather, you have been “the man” for quite some time and I want you to know, I choose Firefox. I choose Google. I choose Adobe. And when I can, I choose freeware because it’s a free country.

And you thought your biggest competitor was Apple… Microsoft, I am breaking up with you. 

Respectfully, (despite your utter lack of respect for me.)

Natalie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis